Remodeling your bathroom can be daunting, but that’s only if you don’t have a clue on what exactly you need from that new space. Before you undertake this important improvement for your home, make sure you ask yourself (and your family) questions and consider everybody’s needs. In today’s post, we’re sharing 5 essential bathroom remodel tips to guide you through a planning stage of your project.
If you’re not exactly sure what’s the best option for your remodel, get a professional’s opinion. Contractors and designers are always there to help you with any uncertainties you might have undertaking this big project.
5 Bathroom Remodel Tips:
- Match new features to existing products, if you’re not completely remodeling the whole room.
- Choose the right tile floor. Porcelain and glazed tiles are your friend, if you’re looking for an easy-care floor. Also, choose tiles with textured surfaces, matte finishes, or sand-containing glazes – they’re not slippery.
- Remember about the height. Make sure everything you need is within your reach! Don’t forget about the little ones in your family as well.
- Create a practical storage area. Don’t find yourself cramming the toilet paper or towels in places where they simply don’t belong. Think ahead and create practical solutions for each piece in your bathroom.
- Get everything you need. Are you in need of double sinks? A shower over a bath tub? A separated toilet? Asking yourself these questions will ensure your new bathroom will meet all of your family’s needs.
Another reason why it’s always good to ask for contractors advice before you start your renovations, is because they can offer you better prices. Here at Ferris Home Improvements in Wilmington, Delaware, we have established great relationships with vendors who make the products to skip the middle man and offer you better-than-retail pricing. So what are you waiting for?! Contact us now!
We Look Forward to Helping You With All Your Home Improvement Needs in 2017!