How to Plan For a Successful Home Remodel Project
Are you planning a home remodeling project this year? If so, taking the time to ask yourself all the right questions may just make your home renovation more successful.
Planning ahead and making sure you accomplish what you set out to do will make the investment worth your time and money. Whether you’re looking to make your kitchen more modern and efficient or replace an aging bathroom shower, identifying your goals and budget can make a home remodeling project run smoothly and improve the value of your home.
What are you looking to accomplish with your home remodel project? Are you looking to add more space to accommodate a growing family? Maybe you’re looking for a way to add natural light into your home to enhance your mood. Whatever the reason, make sure you ask yourself these 5 questions ….
5 Questions for a Successful Home Remodel Project This Year:
- What do we WANT? This is a good starting point … identifying what you hope to accomplish by your home improvement project, whether it be a “modern” kitchen, a “usable” bathroom, a new roof installation or a new deck installation.
- WHY do we want it?Don’t lose sight of the reason you are remodeling. When you begin a remodel project, you will face challenges for sure. How you decide to tackle or adapt your plans to these challenges should never compromise the original project goal. If you wanted a more functional kitchen to make every day meals or entertaining easier, be sure to keep your mental (and financial) focus on the goal at hand.
- How will we pay for it? Ask this question early on in order to control (or expand if it makes sense) the scope of your remodel. Consider applying for a home equity loan or credit if you don’t have the full funds for the project.
- Who do we want to do the work? Get referrals from friends and family and thoroughly vet your contractor so that you can have peace of mind that they are qualified and reliable. Get several estimates to ensure that you are paying a fair price.
- When would we like it to be done? Timing is everything. For example, if you are remodeling your kitchen, you’ll need to adjust your entertainment schedule accordingly.
Remodeling can be challenging and messy, but planning accordingly it will make your renovation project go smoother and be more rewarding. Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware has been voted the #1 Home Improvement Company by Reader’s Choice for the past 3 years. Give us a call and we’ll happily give you an estimate for your next home remodeling project.
We Look Forward to Helping You With All Your Home Improvement Needs in 2016!