A home remodeling is usually extremely frustrating but rewarding. Between dealing with loud noises, smelly odors and dusty air, it’s definitely a challenge to navigate through every day life that keeps on going regardless of what’s going on at the house!
However, it is possible to limit the mess of your home remodeling. Before you start the process, make sure you take the time to figure out what you want to accomplish and gather as much information and advice as possible. Ask family or friends who have experienced a home remodeling project and take note of what they wish they had thought to do or any other regrets or advice they offer.
You don’t want to dive into your project and realize halfway through that you could have done something better to avoid the unnecessary clutter. Information is power and in this case it could give you the power to get through the remodeling process with most success possible. Bumps along the way are always expected when it comes to every home project, so you’re not alone. Nevertheless, it never hurts to be prepared for the known entities that come into play for every renovation. We’re talking mess!
So How To Avoid That Home Remodel Mess?
Follow These 5 Easy Steps:
- Contain the work zone to the maximum. Use plastic to seal off entryways and keep doors surrounding the work zone shut if possible.
- Cover items nearby your work zone. Dust is pervasive and it will reach items outside the work area, too!
- Stuff or close your vents in the work zone. That way you’ll prevent items from falling down the vents.
- Use a shop vac to clean drywall dust. Try NOT to use your regular vacuum… The extremely small particles can jam up your machine and make it less efficient.
- Change your air filter when the job is done.
While every renovation creates some mess, taking the time to implement these 5 Steps for a Clean Remodel could save your from the unwanted clean up when the job is done. And let’s face it, has anyone ever complained about having nothing to clean?!
Ferris Home Improvements of Delaware is an experienced and dependable home improvement contractor capable of making all your home remodeling dreams a reality! We have built a solid reputation and have the testimonials and record to back up our work. We are proud of our reputation and have been voted Delaware’s #1 Home Improvement Company 4 years in a row!